LONELY DAYS: QUICK NOTES.
Location: Kufi Village.
Yaremi: Ajumobi’s widow now in her early fifties. From Adeyipo village.
Ajumobi: Yaremi’s late husband; a brave hunter.
- Segi: (lives at Olode with her husband. Mother of Woye. She is the first born.)
- Alani: (the only son. Carpenter. Lives in Ibadan.)
- Wura: (second daughter. Lives in Apon.)
- Ayanwale: a successful drummer who plays the Kongo drum.
- Olonade: village woodcarver. Nickname: Twin father.
- Lanwa: farmer. Also Ajumobi’s half-brother.
Widows of Kufi village: Dedewe, Fayoyin and Radeke.
Other notable characters in the book are;
- Rogba: the village flute player (ekutu)
- Uncle Deyo: Ajumobi’s friend.
- Okanlawon: Ajumobi’s rival.
- Woye: Segi’s daughter and Yaremi’s grandson who stays with her.
For a full summary, check Comprehensive Summary of Lonely Days.